DIY Hand Sanitizer
One of the most difficult things to get your hands on (no pun intended!) during the COVID-19 crisis is hand sanitizer. And while nothing works as well as a good old-fashioned hand washing, here’s a recipe to make your own sanitizer at home.
- 1 1/2 cup Isopropyl alcohol (99 percent)
- 1/2 cup Aloe vera gel (to avoid dry skin)
- 10-15 drops Essential oils of your choice.
My fave essential oils? Glad you asked!
- Tea tree oil and/or cinnamon oil for their antibacterial properties.
- Ravintsara, peppermint, eucalyptus Radiata, wintergreen, lemon, and/or rosemary are all great for the respiratory system, for fighting colds and flu in general, and super immune-boosters.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until gel is formed.
- Pour into squeeze, spray or pump bottles and label.