No-bake Chocolate, Oat & Coconut Cookies
This Easter you can have your cake and eat it too! You can be healthy and treat yourself to these fantastic vegan and gluten-free chocolate cookies without even having to bake. Your freezer will do all the work. Only 5 ingredients, no baking needed, and absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
Yields: 15 servings
- 1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Quick Oats
- 5 1/16 ozs Dark Chocolate (70%+ cacao, broken into pieces)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. When warmed, add the coconut and the oats and toast them for 5-8 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown. Transfer to a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, set up a double boiler: Fill a medium pot with an inch of water and place a smaller pot or heat-safe bowl on top ensuring the water is not touching the bottom of the smaller pot or bowl. The smaller pot or bowl should rest tightly on top of the pot and any water or steam should not be able to escape.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce to lowest heat. Add the dark chocolate to the smaller pot and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl with the toasted coconut and stir to combine.
- Spoon the chocolate and coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and form into a flat cookie shape approximately 2-inches in diameter. Freeze for about 30 minutes until solid. Enjoy!
- Leftovers? Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Serving size: 1 cookie.
- No double boiler? Microwave the dark chocolate in a large glass bowl at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Be careful not to overheat.