Oyster Mushroom & Tofu Scramble
Often overlooked, mushrooms pack a powerful punch when it comes to improving your health. They’re the only plant-based source of a significant amount of immunity-boosting Vitamin D. They also support heart health and contain powerful antioxidants that help lower inflammation and fight aging.
Oyster mushrooms are even more special because they are the only variety approved for a low FODMAP diet, yay! Enjoy this yummy, vegan, gluten- and nut-free recipe.
- 1 cup Oyster Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/3 cup Organic, Low-sodium Vegetable Broth (divided)
- 16 ozs Tofu (extra firm, drained, crumbled)
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 1/3 tbsps Nutritional Yeast
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric
- 1/3 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often. Add half of the broth if they begin to stick. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remainder of the broth, crumbled tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and salt to the skillet. Stir and cook until the tofu is warmed through.
- Return the mushrooms to the skillet and combine it with the tofu. Take off the heat, add tomatoes, stir again to combine.
- Add parsley or cilantro if you have any. Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers? Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days
- More Flavor? Add your choice of spices and/or herbs
- Additional Toppings? Top with sliced green onions, spinach, mixed greens, peppers or avocado slices
- No Vegetable Broth? Use water instead