Sunflower Seed Tempeh & Seaweed Salad
Tempeh is a vegan protein source that’s packed with nutrients. Prepared with tamari and served with seaweed salad, it takes on delicious Asian flavors in this refreshing dish that’s perfect for spring!
- 4 tbsp Sesame Oil (don’t use more than 4 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/16 lbs Tempeh (diced into cubes)
- 3 cups Seaweed Salad
- 2 Limes/Lemons (juiced)
- 4 medium-sized Radishes
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine 2/3 of the sesame oil, the tamari, sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, and water in a large mixing bowl. Add the tempeh and toss well to coat.
- Transfer the tempeh to the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through
- While the tempeh is baking, prepare the seaweed salad and dress it up with the sliced radishes
- Divide seaweed salad between bowls and top with the tempeh. Enjoy!
- Leftovers? Keeps in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Tempeh can dry out over time, so freshen it up with a drizzle of sesame oil or tamari.