Sweet Potato Waffles
Start your day off right with these easy and delicious gluten- and dairy-free waffles made with sweet potatoes and almond flour. Freeze any extra for quick meal prep on busy mornings.
- 1 Sweet Potato (large, peeled, chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (plus more for topping, optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsps Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsps Coconut Oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- 3 Figs cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds (divided)
- Toppings: Dark cocoa nibs and Coconut ice cream of your choice
- Boil the sweet potato until it’s fork-tender, roughly 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the cooked sweet potato, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Process until blended. Add the almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and process until fully combined.
- Coat the waffle maker with some of the coconut oil and add enough batter to cover the bottom of your maker. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat the process until all the batter is cooked.
- To serve, top with almond butter, raspberries, figs, pumpkin seeds, cocoa nibs, coconut ice yogurt or ice cream, and maple syrup if using. Enjoy!
- Leftovers? Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Freeze for up to two months.
- Serving Size: One serving is one waffle.
- Additional Toppings? Add additional berries or nuts.
- No Waffle Maker? Make them into pancakes on a pan instead.